SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Reporting to the sales and marketing manager ,the job holder will be responsible for the following;
- To sell flowers optimising allocation to priority clients and targeting revenue optimisation among all clients. Achieve budget turnover and stem prices in Euro and Kshs.
- Flowers always packed using FIFO as a priority, destruction below budget set target. Selling the harvested flowers within less than four days in stock
- Implement harvest and box opening of Ultra Low Temperature Stock as per sales Manager Instructions and guidance.
- Keep all statistics and reports updated for the clients’ portfolio, send monthly statistics to clients. Prepare monthly sales statistics, generate and action plan for the coming month.
- Make sure you capture order and confirmation always in the sales module and then send the form to the client latest two (2) days before shipment.
- Maintain optimum communication and relation with clients and report in case of problem verbally and in writing to the Sales manager.
- Control weight and volume weight charged to clients by shipping agents and in case of discrepancy inform clients and shipping agents.
- Ensure no claim from clients and shipping agents.
- Visit weekly greenhouses and attend trial visit weekly.
- Ensure Sales Office boards are always well updated as per company procedure.
- Prepare claim meetings and follow up with clients.
- Attend box quality control and weekly claim, quality meetings and inform clients of output.
- Attend weekly forecast meetings and inform clients of flower flashes weekly on Thursdays. Send weekly to clients the forecast plan.
- Attend sales department daily meetings punctually.
- Implement strictly company price lists and discount policy.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- No loss, no stems destroyed because not sold;
- No claim;
- Flowers sold and shipped on FIFO basis latest 4 days and garden within 3 days.
- Increased turnover, turnover per stem and number of stems sold to the clients portfolio;
- Increased client satisfaction;
- No missed flight.
- No error or delay in preparation of cold store packing lists
- Confirmation of orders done by email at least 2 days before the shipment in the morning proposing alternative varieties/lengths/grades for missing ones.
- Timely follow up of delivery to the airport and confirmation of delivery or delay/change of plane to the client in writing.
- Timely processing of client’s claims and credit notes authorized by the claim meeting.
- Minimum 3 years relevant sales job experience in fresh produce industry.
- Bsc. in sales and marketing or related fields
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access and Word
- Prepared to work long hours
- Available 6 days a week
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability and desire to sell
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Can work under pressure
- Ability to multi Task
- Report writing skills
If you are confident that this role is for you, promptly send us an email with your CV and last pay slip on email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Red Lands Roses offers excellent benefits, a friendly work environment and opportunities to advance within.