Staff bicycles parked during working hours
This project was introduced a few years ago to enable all Red Lands Roses staff to acquire a bicycle to not only make commuting to work easier but also to improve their overall physical fitness. A strong cooperation was established with World Bicycle Relief an East African NGO which has designed a bicycle truly adapted to African conditions. The bicycle is assembled locally using spares brought from the best manufacturers in the world.
This project was met with great enthusiasm and most of our employees, including managers now own one. RLR subsidizes 70% of the cost while the other 30% is paid by the employee on a loan basis. This green approach has been a great success as can be attested to by the impressive flock of bicycles that makes its way to the farm everyday.