Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor directly supervises greenhouse staff in a highly professional way. He / She is expected to reach yields, length and quality as per budget given and client’s standards.
Under the Production Manager (PM):
- Be in charge of Greenhouse workforce, training, evaluation and control discipline in line with the laid procedures;
- Record the daily staffs attendance in the Musteroll and provide immediate feedback to the PM in case of absenteeism or sick offs;
- Ensure that the PM instructions on crop husbandry are followed specifically on harvesting, desuckering, selective bending and weeding.
- Ensure that the GH is clean, tidy and well-arranged at all times.
- Train and ensure that planting of new plants is done strictly according to the planting procedure;
- Co-ordinate with Ferti -irrigation, Spraying and the Maintenance supervisors on matters concerning plant feeding, plant phyto-sanitary condition, structures and equipment maintenance;
- Co-ordinate with Post Harvest Department in particular the Pre-cool store supervisor and Quality controller in harvesting and flower quality (Opening stage, mechanical damages, pests & diseases etc.);
- Keep a record of the Trial varieties growing time, yield, loss stems, planting dates, bending dates, uprooted plants and any other vital observation;
- Ensure that there are minimal or no losses of stems. In case the losses are there to manage the clearing in line with the PM instructions;
- Generate accurate and timely reports which include daily reports, losses reports, planting and uprooting reports;
- Appraise and process the monthly KPIS for the staffs within the given deadlines.
- Degree / Diploma in Horticulture or Agriculture related field;
- 3 years’ experience in a Rose flower farm.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Technical knowledge;
- Labour administration;
- Hard working;